Published February 28, 2012
The left image, provided by family, shows Daniel Parmertor, who died Monday following a shooting rampage at Chardon High School in Ohio. Russell King Jr., right, shown in a yearbook photo, was declared dead on Tuesday, authorities said.
The suspect in a shooting rampage at an Ohio high school that killed three and wounded two others will remain in detention, a judge ruled at a hearing Tuesday.
The court identified the suspect as T.J. Lane, and said that prosecutors have until March 1, 2012 to formally charge him.
He will be detained for 15 days, Judge Timothy Grendell ruled.
Authorities had not yet identified Lane citing legal reasons, but plan to do so in a press conference later Tuesday.
A lawyer for the suspect’s family had earlier identified him to a Cleveland television station as a 17-year-old junior at the high school who has been described by fellow classmates as an outcast.
Prosecutor David Joyce said Lane didn’t know his victims at Chardon High School, and chose them randomly.
Russell King Jr., 17, Daniel Parmertor, 16, and Demetrius Hewlin were killed in the shooting.
Witnesses say the gunman opened fire on the group before being chased from the building by a teacher and apprehended by authorities about a half a mile away.
The Associated Press and NewsCore contributed to this report.