Atheism, Barack Obama, boston tea party, capitalism, Christianity, conservatism, economic stimulus package, Economics, Education System, ethan hill, foreign policy, french and indian war, GOP, News, Obama, politics, secular morality, tea party movement, United States
Posted by Ethan Hill
Posted CWN: May 5, 2012
Before I was aware that Obama, in fact, used his executive power to REDUCE taxes, I wrote a comparison between the Tea Party and the original Boston Tea Party for U.S. History. It is slightly embarrassing, but “I enjoy looking back at my roots” and showing my progress via my blog here at Secular Morality. Here it is:
“The Tea Party movement began in 2009 as a protest against the economic stimulus package. The main goal of this party is to decrease the government’s power in America by cutting taxes and spending. The majority of the Tea Party supporters are conservative, white, male, married, and over 45; they are wealthier and better-educated than the general public. Considering the movement began only 2 short years ago, the Tea Party has been successful in helping increase conservative views throughout the country.
The purpose of the Tea Party movement and the American revolutionary movement are very similar; however, the problems they were formed to address were caused by very different sources. Both parties were formed by a group of people who felt the government they were under was too strict. The American revolutionary movement was formed to stop the British government from taxing the colonies, due to a massive debt caused by the French and Indian war.
Now this is where the difference between the two movements is; the Tea Party was formed to stop a government from overtaxing to fix a debt that the American citizens created themselves, by electing socialist leaders to govern a capitalist country. The Tea Party was formed by a group of individuals wealthier and better-educated than the general public, this is because they strived to succeed in life, and for the most part have succeeded. The American revolutionary movement was an attempt to preserve what they created, and the Tea Party attempt to return America to what it once was; a conservative, anti-communist, consumer based, capitalist country.”
(Yes, I did embolden wealthier and better educated in the original)
To show where I am now on my journey through the ever-changing political spiral here is what I posted recently:
Here is a list of the socialist regime’s actions against the people thus far. I have included a “Socialist-o-meter” rating in parenthesis after each of the bullet points.
The first bill signed by President Obama regarding taxes was the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act which effectively:
- CUT taxes for 95% of working class families (0/10)
- Gave 70% of the tax cuts to the middle 60% of American workers(4/10)
Then we saw The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Re-authorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 which:
- Extends middle class tax cuts to prevent a typical working family from facing a tax increase of over $2,000 on January 1 (0/10)
- Provides a 2% payroll tax cut to 159 million workers – providing the typical working family with an additional $1,000 tax cut (0/10)
The most recent action being Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 which:
- Extends unemployment insurance so that millions of Americans who are looking for work will still be able to depend on the vital lifeline of unemployment insurance (6/10)
- Includes important reforms that the President proposed in the American Jobs Act to help discourage businesses from laying off workers and to connect workers with jobs. (4/10)Its’ a shame, my calculator added that up to be 14/60 in socialist points. I spend over $100 on the damned thing, and it doesn’t even know that Obama is a socialist! Now, I do understand that Obama intends to raise the taxes on the 2% of Americans who make over $250,000 a year.[Editor: And that’s the Ticket, that Obama wants to RAISE TAXES. Ethan, my friend, it doesn’t matter how you calculate it, Socialists want CENTRALIZED BIG GOVERNMENT that CONTROLS ALL, TAXES AND SPENDS as they deem, and has ALL THE POWER to do such. The ticket that he wants to raise taxes is just the tip of the iceberg.We conservatives want SMALL GOVERNMENT, LESS TAXES, FREE MARKETS, DECENTRALIZED GOVERNMENT giving more power to the states and, catch this: FREEDOM FROM TYRANNY. It’s been said many times, when the PEOPLE fear government there is TYRANNY; but when the government fears the PEOPLE, THERE IS FREEDOM.Furthermore, the reason our nation grew into a very prosperous nation was because of Capitalism and Free Markets. Yes, there are always problems with any form of government, but the objective is to remain FREE INDIVIDUALS, free from oppression and tyranny. Limited government with enumerated powers (or, as Obama calls the ‘negative powers’) is how the founders of our nation felt would provide of the Union continual freedom from government, which is what they had in England under King George. As President Ronald Reagan stated so clearly: “…government is not the solution… IT IS THE PROBLEM…”]
Read More from Ethan: http://secularjustice.wordpress.com/author/17onamission/