Americans reject Socialism, Barack Obama, cbo says 9.1% unemployment, corruption, Culture of Corruption, economy, mandate, Marxists in the White House, non-profit FreedomWorks, Obamacare, plan layoffs, political action group, politics, socialist health care, top companies, unemployment
Friday, 09 Nov 2012 04:00 PM
By Bill Hoffman
- Welch Allyn — a manufacturer of medical diagnostic equipment in central New York — which says it will cut 275 employees, about 10 percent of its workforce, over the next three years.
- Dana Holding Corp. — a global auto parts manufacturing company — which warned of layoffs due “$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. healthcare expenses.’’
- Stryker — a medical device manufacturer — which plans to close its facility in Orchard Park, N.Y., eliminating 96 jobs in December. They also say they’ll slash 5 percent of their global workforce, about 1,170 positions.
- Boston Scientific — a medical device manufacturer — said it plans to cut between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while shifting investments and workers overseas to China.
- Medtronic — a medical device maker — which cut 500 positions over the summer, with 500 more set to be eliminated by the end of 2013.
© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
Follow us: @newsmax_media on Twitter | newsmax on Facebook
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama’s Re-Election? Vote Here Now!